Arts and PVAC academic staff and researchers, find out how you can benefit from the work of Cultural & Creative Industries Exchange.
Leeds Creative Labs
The Ignite knowledge exchange programme has been established to provide short-term funding of between £500 and £2000 for academics to develop a partnership project that aims to:
• Develop an effective working relationship between the University and external (non-HEI) organisation(s) from any sector or discipline for the purposes of developing the impact of your research.
• Explore ideas and areas for development
• Form the basis of a potentially fundable longer term project plan or programme of activity.
Priority is given to projects that fulfill one or more of the following additional criteria.
• Involves academic staff from more than one Faculty (costings can include funding to cover R&D time for colleagues that haven’t worked together before)
• Has an employability element for UG, PGT students or PGRs
• Includes a University of Leeds cultural facility, event or resource as a research partner.
Resources for embedding impact in research projects and grant applications
The Arts Engaged intranet has a range of resources designed to help you embed impact in all stages of the research project lifecycle. This includes annotated examples of the ‘Pathways to impact’ sections of successful AHRC grant applications and tips on how to evaluate the ongoing impact of your research projects, with examples of participant questionnaires and feedback forms.
Finding non-academic research partners
We can work with you to help identify organisations and individuals who are interested in your research. We are often approached by people who want to work with an academic and if we know you are interested we can broker relationships between you.
If you have an idea for a research project which has a strong focus on impact we can provide the resources and support needed to facilitate sector engagement. Contact us if you would like to discuss a project.
Developing expertise in impact and engagement
Cultural & Creative Industries Exchange run a programme of support activities to help develop expertise in the creation of impactful research. This includes talks, drop-in sessions, one to one support, seminars, events and training.
Increasing industry experiences for students
The partnerships we are developing with cultural and creative sector organisations are often keen to act as hosts for student internships and work placements. Contact us to discuss how this could benefit your students.
© Copyright Leeds 2016